We receive a number of phone calls each week from folks inquiring how to become a Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT), which is an added qualification awarded by the NBDHMT.
We have compiled a one-stop list of resources to help you learn what it takes to become a CHT.
Please note that the American Board of Wound Healing (ABWH) offers added qualifications similar to the CHT awarded by the NBDHMT. The ABWH offers Certified Hyperbaric Specialist (CHS) and Certified Hyperbaric & Wound Specialist (CHWS) .
The UHMS recognizes both CHT, CHRN and CHS, CHWS - you can find the UHMS position statement here.
Our Introduction to Hyperbaric Medicine basic training course does apply to those pursuing CHS or CHWS, as it is a UHMS approved training course.
1) Read "The Path to Become CHT". CLICK HERE to read it now
2) Download the NBDHMT's CHT Resource manual, the manual on how to become CHT http://www.nbdhmt.org/forms/CHT_Resource_Manual.pdf
3) Or, visit the ABWH website to read how to become CHS or CHWS
2) Enroll in an Introduction to Hyperbaric Medicine. CLICK HERE to see the list of upcoming courses.
3) Questions? Contact the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT) http://www.nbdhmt.org/cht.asp or the American Board of Wound Healing (ABWH) https://abwh.net
Get More Free Resources!
Enter your name and email below
to get resources and tips for advancing your career as a certified hyperbaric technologist