This course is composed of two video lessons followed by short quiz. The second video lesson is a case study practicum. A certificate is issued upon completing the qui with a passing grade.
Credit Hours: 1.0
License Types: RN, LPN, CNS, ARNP, CNA, RD, CRT, RRT, RCP
* Click on the course title above to view full course details*
This course is composed of two video lessons followed by short quiz. The second video lesson is a case study practicum.
- Recognize the physician’s primary focus is to provide quality patient care
- Emphasize the need to capture accurately the level of acuity and intensity of services with complexity of care clinically documented in a collaborative method of communication
- Compare provider’s clinical documentation with the details required for an accurate ICD-10-CM code assignment
- Identify common diagnoses assigned in reporting wound care services
- Define measureable success factors and monitoring the impact of improved clinical documentation
About the Course Instructor
GRETCHEN DIXON, MBA, RN, CCS, is the owner of Professional Compliance Strategies (PCS), LLC, and consults on outpatient departments and physician services. She has provided revenuecycle compliance audits of services with a focus on wound care department operations for more than 10 years. She holds several credentials including an MBA in healthcare management, an RN with a practicing license in New York, and 23 multistate licensure from Virginia, AHIMA Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS Approved Trainer, and is an AAPC Certified Professional (Healthcare) Compliance Officer. A longtime internal healthcare auditor, Dixon identifies issues through audits of D, C, B (documentation, coding and billing) of provided services. The outcome of each audit determines the topics of education to be provided to the staff and physicians, as she proactively believes education is the key to having complete, accurate, and consistent documentation supporting reimbursement for billed services. If you are interested in her services, contact Dixon at [email protected] or call 1-615-210-7476.