Please note: upon purchase, this package set of courses will appear in your account under "My Courses", and each individual course will be listed separately.
This package contains NBDHMT approved Category A CEU courses to meet partial re-certification requirements for CHT and CHRN.
As per the NBDHMT CHT Resource Manual updated April 2017: "CHTs are required to earn a minimum of 24 hours of education credits (hours) during each re-certification period. At least 12 must be Category A, defined as education and training directly related to the practice of undersea, hyperbaric or hypobaric medicine. Of these 12 credits, at least 9 (75%) must relate to ‘core competency’, namely technical, operational and safety aspects of the hyperbaric/hypobaric delivery system."
This package of courses fulfills the 12 Category A credits and core competency portions of the re-certification requirement.
Note: For full details of CHT re-certification requirements please consult the NBDHMT CHT Resource Manual
PACKAGE SET CONTENTS
This package set consists of 9 individual courses.
Please note: upon purchase, this package set will appear in your account under "My Courses", and each individual course will be listed separately by the titles listed as follows:
- Introduction to Decompression Theory and Tables (2.0 Credit Hours). NBDHMT Core Competency: Technical.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and the Role of Hyperbaric Medicine; also includes a slide review of lecture material, and an article on Air Quality in the Hyperbaric Chamber. (0.75 credit hour). NBDHMT Core Competency: Technical.
- Hyperbaric Systems (1.0 credit hours). NBDHMT Core Competency: Operations and Safety.
- Fire Safety & Science in the Hyperbaric Environment (1.0 credit hours). NBDHMT Core Competency: Operations and Safety.
- Hyperbaric Safety Standards and Emergency Patient Management (2.0 credit hours). NBDHMT Core Competency: Operational and Safety.
- Practitioner’s Role in Hyperbaric Medicine: Patient Management & Documentation Requirements (2.0 credit hours). NBDHMT Core Competency: Technical.
- Decompression Sickness; this course also includes an update on the Latest Research on DCS (1.5 credit hours). NBDHMT Core Competency: Technical.
- Dive Tables and the Physics of Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. (1.0 credit hour). NBDHMT Core Competency: Technical.
- Latent Effects of Radiation and the Use of HBOT. (1.5 credits) NBDHMT Core Competency: Technical.
* Each individual course is followed by a quiz and evaluation.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Helen Gelly, MD, FACEP, FCCWS, ABPM/UHM. Dr. Gelly is the Medical Director for Wound Care Education Partners, Emeritus Medical Director for Hyperbaric Physicians of Georgia, and Chief Executive Officer of HyperbarXs.
Dr. Gelly has been involved in hyperbaric medicine and wound care since 1991. Past positions have included Medical Directorships at academic and community hyperbaric medicine and wound care programs. She started a non-hospital affiliated hyperbaric medicine center which was one of the first UHMS accreditated centers. She has been actively involved in billing and reimbursement issues for both facilities and physicians. In addition to lecturing nationally on hyperbaric medicine and wound healing for many years, she was the president of the Gulf Coast Chapter of the UHMS from 2005-2007.