The Business of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine: Planning Your Clinic's Long-Term Success (Atlantic City, NJ)
The Business of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine:
Planning Your Clinic's Long-Term Success
Are you a stressed-out clinic manager who wants to increase patient load and referrals but has no money for marketing? Do you ever wonder if your clinic management company is worth the extra expense? Uncover the weaknesses and inefficiencies that are holding your clinic back from success during our two-day program in Atlantic City - held just prior to the UHMS Northeast Chapter Meeting.
This course is only offered a few times per year and space is limited due to our small group format. Get your questions answered and develop an action plan based on personalized advice from industry experts.
Discover patient revenue left on the table due to incorrect medical coding
Develop a marketing plan tailored to your clinic’s resources and needs
Receive one-on-one coaching from industry experts
Earn 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Dates: October 18-19, 2018
Location: Harrah's Resort and Casino in Atlantic City, NJ (just prior to the UHMS NE Chapter meeting)
(UHMS Northeast Chapter attendees use coupon code UHMSNE18 to receive 10% discount)
Credit Hours: 16.0
Licenses Eligible for CME/CEUs: MD, DO, AAPC and AHIMA Coders, RN, LPN, CNS, ARNP, CNA,CRT, RRT, RCP
Accreditation: Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS), American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)
CE Broker Tracking#: 20-651672
About the Course
This two-day classroom-based program is specifically designed to support clinic administrators, medical directors, and hospital executives in marketing and administrating a hyperbaric and wound care center in a manner that supports positive patient outcomes and long-term successful business operations.
Taking place the two days immediately before the UHMS Northeast Chapter Meeting, attendees will have the unique opportunity to attend one or both meetings back-to-back.
Our agenda covers nuts & bolts to ensure effectiveness in providing patient care and receiving accurate reimbursement within the operations of managing a wound care department.
Included are specific clinical documentation of wound care related diagnoses with real-time cases, and the process and application of selecting the most accurate ICD-10 diagnosis codes.
There is a lengthy discussion on medical procedures with specificity on clinical documentation supporting HBO and other procedures. The importance of following regulations at all levels or risk external audit with possibly legal and costly ramifications under False Claims Act is discussed.
Additionally, there is a detailed presentation on specific clinical documentation for wound care/HBO diagnoses to support the medical necessity of procedures to be billed.
Also covered is how Physician clinical documentation needs to support medical decision-making opportunities for improvement of accuracy of visit levels when appropriate.
Who Should Attend
- Medical Directors, Clinic Administrators, Clinic Managers, Office Managers
- Physicians, Nurses, CHT/CHRN, and other ancillary clinic staff.
- Hospital Executives including CEOs, CFOs and COOs
- Coders and Billers, Audit Specialists, Compliance Officers, Revenue Cycle Directors/Managers, Charge Description Master (CDM), Director of Billing
- Process Improvement Directors/Managers
- Hospital Information Management Directors
- Non-Physician Practitioners and Therapists
License types eligible for CME/CEUs: MD, DO, AAPC and AHIMA Coders, RN, LPN, CNS, ARNP, CNA, CRT, RRT, RCP
At the end of this program, the physician will be able to:
- Address difficulty in connecting HBO candidates with necessary care in an HBO/wound care clinic.
- Have improved skills and understanding of how to market an HBO/wound care program effectively with little or no budget in order to connect patients with the care they need.
- Understand who are potential referral physicians/referral sources, and learn how to connect with them.
- Learn ICD-10-CM billing and coding for wound care/HBO with the goal of improved coding accuracy.
- Learn efficient clinic operations in order to support long-term program success.
Michael White, MD, MM, CWS
Read Dr. White's bio here: https://woundeducationpartners.com/our-faculty/148-michael-white-md-mmm-cws.html
Gretchen Dixon, MBA, RN, CCS, CPCO AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Read Gretchen's bio here: https://woundeducationpartners.com/our-faculty/157-gretchen-dixon.html
8:00am – 9:00am Introduction to the Business of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Examine why there is an explosion of chronic wounds
- Recognize the story statistics provide related to chronic wounds in the general population
- Pinpoint underlying medical conditions affecting the patient’s quality of life with a chronic wound
- Analyze the benefits of a wound care center
9:00 – 10:00am Business Plan: For New or Established Wound Care Centers
- Learn how to create or update your specific business plan
- Understand the necessary components in a business plan for success
- Identify & Understand this specialty’s mission or purpose
- Identify the benefits to patients, your center, the organization & the community
- Recognize the uniqueness of patients and the services and to be provided
- Know your competitors
- Revenue positive for operations
10:00 – 10:15am Break
10:15am – 12:15pm Continued: Business Plan: For New or Established Wound Care Centers
12:15 – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00 – 3:00pm Continued: Business Plan: For New or Established Wound Care Centers
3:00 – 3:15pm Break
3:15 – 5:15pm Marketing to Build Revenue Streams
- How to grow your business with little or no budget
- Community relationship building
- How to engage your medical staff for support
- Referral physicians and why patient updates have value
- Keeping patients within immediate healthcare community
8:00 – 10:00am Physician’s Evaluation Documentation For HBO Therapy
- Emphasize the need to build a more accurate patient’s medical story with cohesiveness of clinical information in the medical record
- Identify what the KEY SOURCE is to support medical necessity for HBO therapy
- Recognize the value of clinical documentation improvement
- Revitalize the role clinical documentation serves as a communication tool among the healthcare team
- Understand the level of details of information required to meet the most conservative Local Coverage Decision policies
10:00 -10:15am Break
10:15 – 12:15pm Documentation, ICD-10-CM Coding and Billing Services (Parts 1 and 2)
- Emphasize the need for detailed clinical documentation supporting medical necessity for hyperbaric oxygen treatment by diagnosis
- Recognize the complexity assigning ICD-10-CM codes
- Review the common diagnoses covered by third party payers
- Understand the specific elements in treatment documentation to support billing of services
- Be aware of anticipated or updated changes in the HBO treatment industry
12:15 – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00 – 2:00pm HBO Supervision + Visit & HBO Therapy
2:00 – 3:00pm Capturing Nursing Resource Utilization In Providing Patient Wound Care
- Emphasize the clinical flow of supporting documentation of patient care
- Identify the value in reporting department specific clinical levels using a point system
- Review the value of reporting accurate clinic visit levels
- Recognize opportunities to improve reporting clinical services provided as a component of patient care
- Understand when and when not to apply clinical points for nursing resource utilization
3:00 – 3:15pm Break
3:15 – 4:30pm SWOT Analysis
Uncover the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that are holding your clinic back from success.
4:30 – 5:15pm Laws Against Healthcare Fraud
$699 Early Bird, Now through September 3rd. Labor Day Sale Through September Friday, September 7 - Save 25%, use coupon code LaborDay18
$725 Regular Rate, September 4th through October 18.
**(UHMS Northeast Chapter attendees use coupon code UHMSNE18 to receive 10% discount)**
Accreditation Statement: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society and Wound Care Education Partners. The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation Statement: The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Full Disclosure Statement: All faculty members and planners participating in continuing medical education activities sponsored by Wound Care Education Partners are expected to disclose to the participants any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. Full disclosure of faculty and planner relevant financial relationships will be made at the activity.
UHMS Disclaimer: The information provided at this CME activity is for Continuing Medical Education purposes only. The lecture content, statements or opinions expressed, however, do not necessarily represent those of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS), its affiliates or its employees.
Not Ready to Register Yet?
This Free Mini-Course will give a sample of what will be covered during the two-day workshop.
In this Free Mini-Course you will learn from Dr. Michael White, MD, MMM, CWS, UHM and course director for "The Business of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine" how to tackle:
- Meeting your budget goals
- Increasing patient load
- Becoming a profit center for the hospital (and keeping your clinic doors open!)
- And ultimately lower your own stress levels!
If you don't know where to start, how to start, or what you need to know to accomplish the tasks on the above-mentioned list, this free mini-course is for you.
(The short 10-minute course is available as a video or as audio-only.)
Enter your name and email below for immediate access to the free mini-course.
|Event Date||10/18/2018 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||10/19/2018 5:00 am|
|Location||Harrah's Atlantic City|